Thursday, August 1, 2013

No Bake Chocolate "Creme" Pie



Sometimes I need dessert.  Ok, I need dessert every night.  Many nights I have homemade plain yogurt with granola or fruit but sometimes I need chocolate!  Its on nights like these that I grab a slice of this No Bake Chocolate "Crème" Pie. 

Not only is this pie yummy and looks decedent, but it is HEALTHY!  Yes, that's right.  Healthy.  Its made with tofu, peanut butter and Shakeology! 

Ingredients
2 scoops Chocolate Shakeology
1 container of silken tofu (you can use firm)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2-4 Tbs almond milk or water
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp honey (optional)
1 graham cracker crust - homemade or premade

If you haven't heard of Shakeology, give me a shout.  I'd love to introduce you this delicious meal replacement that is the most delicious, nutrient-dense, superfood-packed protein shake in the world!   It's made with all the healthy stuff you should be eating everyday, but probably don't.  I can send you a sample of one of the various flavors. 

Simply add the peanut butter, tofu, Shakeology, milk/water, cinnamon and honey, if using, in a food processor or mixer and blend until smooth and creamy.  Pour into your pie crust.  I simply smash up graham crackers (I always have some that break and of course my little one doesn't like the broken pieces) and add a little almond milk or water and press onto the bottom of the pie dish.  So easy.

Put your pie in the fridge for at least an hour.  I like to pre-slice the pie into 12 slices and keep it in the freezer.  Then I can pull out a slice and let it defrost so I can enjoy a piece after dinner or when the boys go to bed.    It has between 250-300 calories a slice depending upon your crust.


1 comment: