Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Refreshing Cucumber Blueberry Smoothie


I still have lots of cucumbers growing in my garden.  I love cucumbers but I can’t seem to use them fast enough and we’ve even given some away to neighbors.  My kids and I like to make smoothies so these cucumber smoothies are perfect.  The cucumber makes them light and refreshing and the blueberries add just the right amount of sweetness.
 

This is such a simple recipe that you can have your kids make them or at least they can help you.  I found this on Martha Stewarts website but I modified it per my preferences.   Take 1 medium  (or 2 small) cucumber and peel and take out the seeds.  Kids can take out the seeds with a spoon.  Rough chop the cucumbers and put them in a blender with 3/4 cup of blueberries.  I like to use frozen blueberries but you can use fresh if that is what you have but you’ll need to add ice.  Add 3/4 cup of plain fat free yogurt and 1 cup of apple juice.  Martha Stewart recommends white grape juice but I never have it and I think apple juice rounds out the flavors.  Give the blender a whirl!  A delicious, refreshing and healthy treat!  

No comments:

Post a Comment