Saturday, November 30, 2013

P90X/Les Mills Combat Hybrid Weeks 2 and 3


As a recap, I am doing a hybrid workout with P90X, Les Mills Combat and running.  I just finished week 3 and I feel strong.  The workouts have been easy for me but I’ve been slipping a little on the nutrition.  I’m using the P90X app on my iPhone to not only track my workouts but to track my meals.  It’s been helpful.  According to the nutrition guide I need 1,800 calories.  Without netting out the calories burned for my workouts that is about what I’m consuming.  I am trying to follow phase I, or the Fat Shredder Phase.  This is where I’ve been struggling.  It is tough keeping it to one carb a day.  I think on my running/cardio days I will allow myself 2 carbs and stick to the Fat Shredder option on my strength training days.  I’ll let you know how that works.

Here was my schedule during week 2

 

Monday - P90X Core Synergistics

Highlights: I did about 60 push-ups.  I’m mostly doing modified push-ups at this point. I love banana rolls!

Tuesday - 4 mile run at 5:15am.  It was a chilly morning at about 34 degrees.  I ran faster than normal at 9’53” minute mile. 

Wednesday -P90X Shoulders and Arms

I increased my weight for some moves and increased reps on others.  Each time I have to bring it.  I won’t see results unless I push each time and do the best I can.

Thursday – Les Mills Combat HIIT 1 

I’ll be honest, I was expecting punching and kicking but this 30 minute workout was interval resistance training and included moves such as dead-lifts, squats, power cleans, and power presses. It also included push-ups, burpees, plyo lunges, and jump squats.  Hmmm…not what I wanted to do the day before my leg workout.  However, it was a great workout.

 
Friday – Oh good thing I had a doctor’s appointment that morning.  I had to fast for blood work so no workout.  Rest day!!

 

 Saturday - P90X Legs and Back and Swimming

All I’ll say is I pushed too much last week so I didn’t want to push too hard again.  I like being able to walk the day after legs.  I also went to the YMCA and did some laps in the pool while my son had swim lessons. 

Sunday – 8.25 mile run.  It was warm and a little rainy and just a little hilly.  The P90X stretch later in the day felt so good! 

Week 3

Monday - P90X Core Synergistics

This week I did over 75 push-ups.  Again, I did mostly modified.  Next week I’ll try to do just regular push-ups.

Tuesday –  Combat 60 Extreme Cardio Fighter.   In this 60 minute workout you do a little Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai, Karate, and Kick Boxing.  The punches and kicks are the same as in the other DVDs but there is something about the order and combinations of moves that make this work out the best so far.  I never got bored!

Wednesday -P90X  Shoulders and Arms

I pushed it again and I felt great.

Thursday – Les Mills Combat  60 Live: Ultimate Warrior’s Workout

Another great Les Mills Combat workout.  There is an energy with the DVD that is catchy.  It might be that the instructors are pumped and working out in front of a live audience.

Friday – P90X Legs and Back. 

Once again, I didn’t want to push it but I did stay focused.  Oh, single leg wall squats and the calf raise series.  I don’t think I like you.

 Saturday – Kenpo X and Swimming

I love the Kenpo X workout.  There are lots of blocks, punches and kicks.  But they are done in sets rather than in a routine like Combat.  As a result I don’t think this workout is as intense but it is a great workout nonetheless.

If you want more information about P90X or Les Mills Combat, leave me a message.  Let's chat.  To order these fitness programs, visit my site: www.beachbodycoach.com/katsquest

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment