Saturday, December 28, 2013

P90X Hybrid Weeks 4 through 8





I’ve been continuing with my P90X hybrid workout.  Week 4 was the recovery week and I did a few Les Mills Combat workouts  like Kata 45 and I also ran a few days and even through in Focus T25 while I traveled to visit family for Thanksgiving.

I will say that I enjoyed Kata 45.  For some reason I didn’t have high hopes but what a workout!  I burned a respectable 241 calories.  It 45 minutes of punching, kicking, and wild Kata jumping moves.  I’m glad that I drank some Energy and Endurance drink that morning.  It got me through my workout!! If you haven’t tried it before, it’s great! Especially for morning workouts before you’ve had anything to eat.
 

Week 5 through 7 was brought in a new workout to the mix: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.  Talk about push-ups.  I’m always saying, “this is my favorite P90X DVD” but really, I think this is my favorite.  I am sculpting some seriously sexy arms, if I do say so myself!
Some of the moves in this workout include: slow motions 3 in 1 pushups, chair dips, pike press, side Tri-Rise (poor triceps! You’re going to be sore), floor fly, overhead tricep extensions.  Some of these are tradition moves but then there are some like the Scarecrow, side to side pushups, throw the bomb, and plyo pushups that are a little different.
Week 8 was the recovery week.  I will admit, I did not follow the recovery week schedule.  I ran hard and did a few sessions of INSANITY and Les Mill Combat workouts.  I ate A LOT this week.  And it wasn’t good stuff.  I have a hard time saying no to the Christmas cookies and chocolate!  I needed to get moving in order to mitigate the bad eating!

I have one more month of this hybrid.  I am feeling stronger and I see that I have more definition.  It’s been hard to do this challenge during the holiday season but if I think about it, it’s probably the best time to do it!

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, i really have to start hitting the gym.My fitness levels are extremely low, and i am starting to feel the toll. Hopefully your blog will help me out with getting my fitness back.

    ReplyDelete