Sunday, January 5, 2014

P90X-Les Mills Combat Hybrid Week 9

This is the first week of the final phase of P90X.  The schedule mixes things up a bit and the workouts are in a different order.  No more Core Synergistics on Monday.  Instead this is on Friday, which will be tough after a week of workouts.  Mondays are a new workout: Chest and Back. This one brings different kind of push-ups like dive bombers and decline push-ups.  Don’t let that scare you.  I can’t do many and I can’t do the full version so I modify it.  The rest of the week is the same except no more Legs and Back.  That is the only down side to the last month – no leg workouts.  To make up for it, I’ll be sure to run hills and to do some squats!


As for the hybrid part of the week I did an INSANITY workout and Les Mills Combat Kata 45.  Kata 45 is a great workout.  I didn't even realize how hard I was working. Before I knew it, I was done and I burned  260 calories.  I also ran on the treadmill twice for 2 miles each time as a second workout.  The beginning of the week included rest and recovery since a nasty little bug went through my house starting on Christmas Eve.  It was good to get back into the swing of things after 3 days off.  I’m looking forward to finishing out this month strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment