Tuesday, July 8, 2014

June Running and Focus T25

June was a tough month for me.  I only logged in 49.9 miles compared to 74.8 miles in May.  There was a week that I just couldn't get up.  Allergies hit me hard.  I knew I needed to rest and I listened to my body.  Then there was a week when my husband was out of town and I just couldn't run on the treadmill.  I think I ran 2 miles on the treadmill that week. 

Instead in the month of June I mostly worked with Shaun T.
June was Alpha round.  Focus T25 is broken into 2 - 5 week blocks: Alpha and Beta. 

Alpha is comprised of the following 25 minute workouts:
  • Cardio.  25 minutes of calorie-burning, sweat-drenching cardio
  • Speed 1.0. Wow! It is fast paced but you'll get fast results.
  • Total Body Circuit - This focuses on strength and resistance. No weights needed but you will feel it.
  • Ab Intervals.  It is a mix of ab work and cardio.  This program works your core!
  • Lower Focus.  As it implies, it focuses on your lower-body.  When you work the bigger muscles you burn more calories.
Overall I think this kept me conditioned despite not getting out to pound the pavement.  Truthfully, I am getting fast.  My last few runs have averaged 8' 40" min/miles.  Let me tell you I am so excited about that!! I went out to go for a run with a mom in my neighborhood the other day.  It was just the two of us.  She is much faster than me but I ran 6 miles and averaged 8' 36" min/miles and managed to hold a conversation!  I know the Focus T25 workouts are helping. 

My goal is to run the Mohawk Hudson River Half Marathon in 2 hours.  Sub 2 hours would be awesome but my goal is 2 hours.  Shaun T is going to help me!


No comments:

Post a Comment