Tuesday, July 22, 2014

PiYo Week 2

Last week was my second week of PiYo.  As a reminder, PiYo is an at home fitness program where you will use your body weight, you'll perform low-impact, high-intensity movements inspired by Pilates and yoga. This program is designed to get you long, lean muscles. With PiYo, you'll work every single muscle to stabilize, stretch, and strengthen every inch of your body.

I'm finding this workout is a nice balance to my more active workouts like Focus T25 and running.  Last week it was perfect since I was also doing the 3 Day Refresh.  This workout was just what I could handle 2 out of the 3 days.

One of the workouts I did last week was Sweat.  It is a 35 minute workout that engages the core and really does get you sweating!  It is fast but not an impossible pace.  You get your whole body moving right from the beginning.  I love that the movements are big but gentle. After a warm up  you get your heart pumping a little and then move on to lower body work then plank/core work.  There is even a power section.  Guess what -- Burpees!  Yep, you even get to do burpees.  But don't be intimidated.  There is a modifier to follow through all of these workouts.  This DVD ends with some stretching and strength.


I might not be doing a PiYo every day but I am aiming for at least 4 times per week.  And no joke, I feel my core getting stronger just after 2 weeks!

So far the gals and guys in my PiYo Challenge Group are doing great.  Everyone is at a different level and they are making the workout their own.  It's fun to do this workout virtually with a great group of people from the U.S and Canada. 

If you are interested in joining my Challenge Group, send me an email and we can get you started!

No comments:

Post a Comment