Monday, October 20, 2014

21 Day Fix Day 2 and Review of Upper Fix

I won't blog about the 21 Day Fix every day but I will for the first few days.  In my opinion, the first few days are always the hardest when you have to get used to something new and make adjustments.

Workout

Despite being that person who gets up early to work out on a daily basis, I could not get up this morning.  Both my youngest son and dog climbed into bed and were snuggling with me to stay warm.  That might sound cute but it doesn’t make for a good night’s sleep.

But I got up with enough time for a 30 minute workout.  I had to skip the 1 mile run on the treadmill in the morning but I fit it in before dinner (I’m trying for a mile a day) and I was able to get Upper Fix done in the morning.  Another good workout.  It is a nice mix of upper body strength exercises (weights and push-ups) and ab work.  It was challenging enough and similar to the Total Body Cardio Fix, it was broken down into two rounds with a few exercises each and short breaks in between.  I did have to do more of my own stretching at the end because my hamstrings are sore and my lower back still tight from my Half Marathon.  


 


Meals

Breakfast

I had my Chocolate Vegan Shakeology, my favorite!  Of course I had water after my workout – about 15 ounces.  Then it wouldn’t be morning without coffee (half decaf) with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and a little milk.  I usually use a 1/3 cup  of milk but I used a few tablespoons.  The coconut oil helps with that.

1 red, 1 tsp



Snack

A small banana and some almonds and of course I filled my water bottle up (21 ounces)!

1 purple, 1/2 blue

Lunch

Salad of lettuce and arugula, tomatoes, radishes, and all natural turkey breast, half an orange container of oil and vinegar and half an orange of pumpkin seeds. I also had a tasty honey crisp apple.

1 1/2 green, 1 red, 1 purple, 1 orange

Snack

Shakeology cookie.  Snacks are allow but they must be counted as a yellow.  You have to think carefully to determine if they are worth it.  I enjoy having something sweet in the afternoon so it is worth it to me.  Also keep in mind you can’t substitute a snack for a yellow every day.  Twice a week is fine.

1 yellow

Dinner

Pizza turkey burger with sautéed swiss chard on the side.  I ate the turkey burger sans the bun and added a spoon full of sauce and a small, thin slice of fresh mozzarella.  I filled my water bottle up again for another 21 ounces and I had about 8 ounces after I ran on the treadmill.

1 red, 1 1/2 green, 1/2 blue

Snack
I love having my yogurt in the evening!

1 red.

Day 2 is done and I'm feeling pretty good but I'm still feeling those surrenders from yesterday.  Wow, my hamstrings are a little sore. I just a bit over the 64 ounces of water I need minimum...my goal was 70 ounces.  Tomorrow is another day!

For more information or to order the 21 Day Fix click here


No comments:

Post a Comment