Sunday, October 19, 2014

21 Day Fix Post Racing Season: Day 1

For some people running helps with weight loss.  Not this girl.  Well, let me clarify that.  Moderate running helps me maintain my weight but training for longer distances revs up my appetite and I find it hard to keep my eating under control.  Especially toward the end of training when I am getting tired and cranky and I just really want chocolate. 

As you may know I've done a little running this Spring to early Fall.  By little I mean I ran in a 200 mile relay race in May, a Half Marathon in early September, another 200 mile relay race in mid-September, ANOTHER 200 mile relay race in late September and finally a Half Marathon last weekend.  I was training really hard since I wanted to PR (personal record) my Half in October.  And I did, big time.  


I'm collecting a little bling!

So now it is time to get those few pesky pounds off and get my eating back on track.  Not that my eating was terrible but I did eat more junk food than I care to really admit.  The other day I was munching on some of that junk food when a coworker came into my office.  I felt like I was caught! I tend to be a closet eater.  She just laughed when I explained to her the look on my face she mistook for me being mad.  She's actually a participant in my 21 Day Fix Challenge Group that starts today so I actually felt extra guilty.

For me, the weight is mostly in my waist.  Those love handles or muffin top or whatever you want to call it just pop out of no where! Ugh.

So I started another round of the 21 Day Fix.  From time to time I followed the meal plan but it was hard to follow while burning up to 1,300 calories on a long run!

So far so good!

Workout
I woke up and jumped on the treadmill for a 1 mile warm up.  Then I popped in the Total Body Cardio Fix DVD.  It is a total body weighted cardio workout.  Those surrenders are tough.  Thank goodness they are early in the workout.

Meals

Breakfast

Since I started on a Sunday, my first meal was Sunday Breakfast.  I normally cook a breakfast for the family and we all sit down together.  I made some scrambled eggs and diced up some tomatoes and red onion for the side.  I had coffee with a little milk and a teaspoon of coconut oil.

1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Tsp

Lunch

I wanted to head to the market to stock up on good foods so I took my youngest son and headed to Whole Foods Market.  There was traffic on the bridge and it took about an hour when it should normally take about 25-30 minutes.  Ugh.  This is when I would normally comfort myself with a cookie with lunch.  I stayed strong and got baked chicken, steamed veggies 1/2 portion of rice and 1/2 portion of chickpeas.  I felt full even while I watched my son eat his cookie. 

1 Red 1 Green 1 Yellow


Snack

In the afternoon after unpacking and hanging out with my boys I started to get hungry.  I poured myself some more water and I had a few walnuts and a banana (note 1/2 a banana = 1 purple). 

1 Blue, 2 Purple 

Dinner

My son really wanted pasta and meatballs for dinner.  He was such a good boy at Whole Foods -- mommy's little helper -- how could I say no.

For the meatballs I used:
1 1/12 pounds of grass-fed ground beef
1/4 onion, finely diced or grated
1 egg
1 slice whole wheat bread, pulsed in a food processor or finely minced
pinch of salt
generous pinch of italian seasonings

Mix everything and make small meatballs.  Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until it reaches temperature. 

Whole wheat pasta
Marinara sauce (you can use jar or make your own)

You will use the red container for the meatballs, yellow container for the pasta and the green for the sauce.  I found the green to be too much sauce so I only used half and added some extra salad to my bowl.  For my salad, I simply used oil and vinegar for dressing since I didn't have any prepared and it was a long day. 3 meatballs fit in my red container, this of course will depend on the size you make the meatballs.

1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Orange 


I always have to eat a little something after dinner even though most meal plans don't recommend it.  I workout first thing in the morning before eating and I cannot go to bed hungry or I won't have energy for my workout. 

Snack

Yogurt with a teaspoon of real maple syrup. 

1 Red and one extra from the Coffee Bar.

It was a good day.  I am tired now and need to get a good night's sleep so that I am ready for day 2.  

Goodnight! 


No comments:

Post a Comment