Sunday, July 28, 2013

Half Marathon Training with P90X!




I started my half marathon training a few weeks ago.  I'm not following a formal training plan because I am not looking to finish in a certain time and I am fairly certain I can finish.  Actually, I know I can do it, especially after finishing INSANITY.  I just want to do it!

 My training plan is to casually run with my dog 2 to 3 days a week.  I should point out I live in an area that has a lot of hills so even my easy runs are challenging.  My long runs are on Sundays and I will cross train P90X 2 to 3 days a week.  I completed my first round of P90X in April and I missed it! 

This week I ran a total of 17 miles.  I need to work on increasing that total but my long run was 7 miles so I still feel satisfied.

 Each week I will give an update on my progress.  I'd love to hear from you to get your encouragement and I'd love to hear from you if you are training for a race -- any race -- 5K, 10K, half marathon, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment