Sunday, June 8, 2014

Asparagus Pilaf - A Taste of Spring

Today was such a busy day.  I slept in a little and woke at 7am, woot-woot!  My boys both climbed into my bed and we all snuggled for a little bit. Love!

Everyone wanted pancakes so that's what I made but I really just wanted my Shakeology.  So after my coffee I just made a Chocolate Vegan Shakeology (with a little cold coffee) and headed out to the garden.  I will get that veggie garden done if it kills me.

Before lunch I snuck in a quick workout -- Focus T25.  Hey, it's 25 minutes so there is no excuse.  After lunch it was T-ball with my youngest son.  He's doing great.  What a difference a few weeks make.  At the beginning he kept running off the field.  Now, despite being the youngest kid in T-ball, he is one of the most interested, according to his coach.  Yeah!

My oldest son has been wanting to go bowling so after T-ball we all headed over to the bowling alley to play.  It was air conditioned and felt nice after spending most of the day in the hot sun.  But being this busy there wasn't much time left in the day and there wasn't much time to cook.


On the way home I picked up a roast chicken.  They work in a pinch.  I had some left over rice so I thought a pilaf would go great.  Here's the recipe.  Quick, easy and much better than just plain rice!

Ingredients
(serves 4)

2 cups cooked rice
6 spears of asparagus
1 carrot
1/2 Cup peas
3 Tbs Dijon Vinaigrette

Dijon Vinaigrette (21 Day Fix Recipe)
3 Tbs vinegar
3 Tbs lemon juice
3 Tbs Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1.4 tsp ground pepper
6 tbs olive oil

Combine all ingredients except oil. Slowly pour in oil while whisking.
Makes 8 servings.



Chop the asparagus into 1 inch pieces and thinly slice the carrots. Steam the asparagus, peas and carrots until just tender.  Mix the veggies with the rice and add 3 Tbs of the dressing.  It's that simple.  It's so good.  There is no excuse not to make dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment