Tuesday, October 21, 2014

21 Day Fix Day 3 -- Leg Day!

So today was day 3.  Can I just say I am already feeling a difference.  Last week I bought 2 pair of pants and both were a little snug.  I bought them anyway, keeping the receipts but knowing I was going to follow the 21 Day Fix.  I figured I wouldn't need to return them and I had a few weeks to be able to fit into them.  Ha!  Just 2 days into the Fix and I wore a pair to work today! 

Anyway, I was really hoping to run this morning but it was raining and my running buddy doesn’t want to go out when it rains so I headed down to the basement.  I started off with a mile run on the treadmill and popped Lower Fix into the DVD player.

Workout

The Lower Fix workout has 4 rounds with 2 moves per round and a short break in between each move.  I thought it had a good variety of moves targeting all areas of the lower body.  I can't say I find anything wrong with this workout.  It is tough when you push yourself but it can be easily modified when needed.  

Meals

Breakfast

My favorite weekday breakfast  - Chocolate Vegan Shakeology, coffee with coconut oil and milk.  I had about 8 ounces of water during my workout.

1 red, 1 tsp

Snack
Half serving of grapes, a serving of strawberries and filled my water bottle (21 ounces).

1 ½ purples

Lunch

Moroccan beef over rice with Swiss Chard.  This was very satisfying and held me over until dinner.   Good thing since I had meetings all afternoon and couldn’t grab my snack in the fridge in the afternoon.  I want to point out that this was also made up of left-overs so it was easy to pack, nothing really to prepare in the morning, it was quick to heat up and cheaper than buying lunch.  Perfect.

1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green

Snack

I had meetings all afternoon and wasn't able to make it to the kitchen to get my snack.  Surprisingly I was not ravishing when I got home.  I looked for something I needed for the day -- an orange container so I grabbled some kalamata olives.  Healthy fats are an important component of the meal plan -- don't skip them.  

1 orange

Dinner

Tonight my youngest had gymnastics and my husband had to do our work share at our CSA pick up site so I had both boys.  Quick dinner of eggs, mozzarella cheese, broccoli and tomatoes. 

1 red, 1 blue, 1 1/2 green



Snack

Yogurt!  Tonight I added a little muesli.  I needed another yellow.  I also needed a half a green but I couldn't figure out how to get it in so I was short today.  

Overall another good day with my workout and nutrition.  As much as I wanted a glass of wine when I got home since it was just one of those day, I reached for my water.  I drank 68 ounces of water...2 ounces short of my goal but really a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment